Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fixed the Templates

I picked up my next Freebie Fifteen packages from Traditional Pastimes on the 15th of this month, and found they had included the same templates.  The staff person said they would be using those templates throughout the program.

So, I decided to see if I could re-draw the templates so that they were easier ot piece by machine.  The way they were provided, the pattern maker had simply taken the finished shape, drawn a cutting line around and rounded the corners of the cutting line.  I worked with it a bit, and was able to come up with blunted corners that, when cut out, would line up perfectly with the side of the piece that they were being sewn to.  Success!

Here are the templates.  I just drew my lines over the existing pattern.
If anyone would like this as a PDF, e mail me and I can send it. 
I tried it out on some scrap fabric, just to make sure it worked, and it did.  Now, to go ahead and make up this month's blocks.

No comments: