Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 17 and 18

I actually got some sewing done in the last two days!  Having a holiday Monday is great - I get caught up on my housework and my sleep, and still have time for fun.

Even though last week was a bit of a bust, I'm still committed to the Drop and Give me Twenty challenge.


I finished a little project.  This is a pattern by Susie C. Shore designs.  It is a potholder!


You can't see it all that clearly in the photo, but there is an opening under the "icing", and you can put your hand in. It was really quite quick and easy to make up.  The only challenging part was sewing the icing to the back part of the cupcake, because I was sewing through 8 layers of fabric and 4 layers of batting.  But, with my walking foot, it was no problem!

 My Mom's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, so it will be a fun gift for her.  (Don't mom's always appreciate anything you make for them?)

3 comments:

Heather said...

nicely done. I like your fabric choices, really does bring the thought of frosting to mind.

Heather said...

nicely done. I like your fabric choices, really does bring the thought of frosting to mind.

Peggy said...

What a cute pot-holder! Love it! Found you through Quilting Gallery, and adore the snowman table runner!