Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I've been sitting on this empty blog for a few days - I guess this is as good a day as any to start.

I'm Colleen.  I'm 54 (today), married, with two adult children.  My daughter is 24 and teaching in northern Saskatchewan.  My son is 19 and working at a car dealership while he decides what  he wants to do.  He lives at home.  We have an elderly dog, who isn't as entertaining as he used to be.

By day, I'm a Manager of a government department that helps people without lawyers navigate the court system.  Most of the people have family law issues - divorce, custody, child support, protection orders.  It's a high stress, high emotion type of job - but very rewarding too.

Quilting is the way I de-stress.  Not just the actual process of quilting, but also reading quilting blogs and listening to quilting podcasts.  So, this blog will mostly be about my quilting journey.  I also love to cook, so I'll probably post recipes now and then.

No comments: