Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

Scrap In a Box is Done!

And it only took a year!

Last year this time, Charlotte, at Scrapitude Quilts started the clues for her second mystery, Scrap in a Box.  I kept up to her for a time...well, you know.

I pulled it out again before Christmas and started plugging away, and, Ta Da!


I dragged Mr CQT outside yesterday, which was a VERY cold day, and had him hold it for me.  He even took off his gloves to daintily hold the corners, like I've taught him.  Behind there, he is saying "Are you done yet?  Have you taken any pictures yet?"

I'm really happy with how this turned out.   I started out with this stripe as a guide, and pulled mostly scraps in red, pin, orange and yellow.  I didn't realize the colours would be so cheerful! 


And it's the perfect size for a couch quilt - long enough to cover your feet and wrap around you for a nice nap!

I quilted it with a fun pantograph, with dragonflies and flowers.



Either that pantograph was real easy, or I'm getting better at this longarm stuff.

And, I used the stripe again for a bias binding.


I finished just in time to link up with Leanne's Scraptastic Tuesday.



Scraptastic Tuesday

6 comments:

Peggy said...

That's lovely! And so very cheerful!

Ioleen said...

Lovely scrap quilt.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

beautiful! And I love your idea of taking fabric that you like and pulling those colours. I am always struggling with choosing colours!

Julierose said...

just gorgeous! Love that peach/light coral color in there--neat patter, too...hugs, Julierose

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love these colors! So happy and cheerful! Great finish!!

Dara said...

Sweet