Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This is Getting Ridiculous!

Take a look at that diagram.  Note that it says it finishes at 2 inches by 5 inches.  Now count the pieces.  Did you get 72?  72??  And, they want us to do it with templates!!  Each of those little right angle triangles finishes 1/4 inch by 3/4 inch.  Are they crazy?  Do they think I'm crazy?

This, by the way, is the companion block from last month's Freebie Fifteen.   The quilt shop that is offering this will remain anonymous for this post.

I'm seriously thinking of just making 3 stripes and be done with it.  On the other hand, I could draft up a paper piecing pattern...

3 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I would do 6 Half-Rectangle Triangles.

MarneyMay said...

Hi Colleen I am presenting you with the Liebster Blog Award. Head on over to my blog and check it out
Cheers Pauline

Heather said...

Could you piece two bias stripe together and then use a template to cut the units?