Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fabric Sale Purchases

As promised, here are photos of the fabric I picked up yesterday at the Ujamaa Grandmas annual fabric and yarn sale.

This was a kit - 2 1/2 yards of fabric, plus 12 fat quarters, plus the pattern - all for $25.  I haven't bought 1930 - 40 style fabric before, but I couldn't pass this up.


The ladies were very generous with their measuring.  This piece was marked as 1/2 metre.  It had been cut into, but the uncut part was 3/4 of a metre, and the part that was cut into left at least a fat quarter.

This piece was marked as 3.5 metres.  It was actually 5.  I have a Christmas quilt in the planning stage that can use this as a backing.

And then there were scraps of various sizes that were bundled together in coordinating packages.  Each package totalled about a metre, and was $3.  I got 4.

And finally, a "grab bag" for a dollar.  These fabrics were mostly non-cotton, although there were a couple muslin pieces in there.  These will be good for practising free motion quilting.

I'm on the Grandmas mailing list, and received an e mail from them today, saying they made $28,500 from the sale yesterday.  I'm impressed!

I'm linking up with Sew Sunday, even though I haven't done any actual sewing yet today.  I have done a lot of preparing, and thinking about sewing and I've decided that counts.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


5 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome shopping for a most worthwhile cause. Love that Christmas tree fabric.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Talk about win/win! Great cause, great prices! Not to mention some fabulous fabrics, like that bundle that is so sa-weet!

Mary-Frances said...

Ooohhh, lovely fabrics and all in support of a worthy cause too!

Peggy said...

Fabulous finds at the sale! And what a great income to share with the needy!

Julierose said...

Great bargain fabric purchases! Love that Christmas piece! Julierose