I've been working on the Scrapitude Mystery Quilt on Sandy's Quilting for the Rest of Us blog and podcast.
The quilt was designed by Sandy's guild friend Charlotte. She promised we could make it totally scrappy, and I took her at her word. It seems to have worked!
We did a 2 1/2 inch square exchange at the Calgary Modern Quilt guild last year, and I got about 300 squares from that. I also had about a million charm squares from a series of swaps I participated in with an online group several years ago. Add some whites that I had in my yardage, and some more 2 1/2 inch squares from my own scraps, and I was off to the races!
All of those triangles on the outside edge are all half square triangles, so all bias. I'll be adding a 2 1/2 inch white border, just to tame those bias edges. Then comes the hard part - trying to decide how to quilt it!