Search This Blog

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Scrap in a Box Part Two

Plugging along on Charlotte's Scrap in a Box mystery quilt.  This was the second clue.

scrapbox 7

We had to make 82 of these little blocks (4 1/2 inch).  I mixed and matched, so that no one block had two of the same fabrics.

scrapbox 8

Each of them had to be trimmed just a hair (due to my sewing, not Charlotte's instructions!) and the dog ears removed.  That took almost as long as the sewing!

I still can't start to imagine how this quilt will look when it's done.  But, I 'm still loving the colour combination, so I can hardly wait!

Today is Easter Sunday -- for some reason, we've always celebrated it quietly.  Supper tonight will be just Mr. CQ2 and me, and I've cooked up a big pot of clam chowder.  It will go well with the snow we've had today.

1 comment:

Karen H said...

Oh I love these blocks and the colours you've used! They remind me of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans!