First, over at the Calgary Modern Quilt Guild, we had a zipper pouch challenge last month. I had put in lots of zippers back in the "old days" (pre -quilting days!) so I wasn't intimidated. I also had instructions in Malka Dubrawsky's Fresh Quilting.
I really want to make that sewing machine cover on the upper right, but that's for another day.
Here is the final product:
I chose black, white and grey text prints for the outside, so wanted something colourful for the inside. And, I used a zipper that I had on hand (from the "old days"!), so there needed to be some blue in there.
It turned out pretty well for a first attempt. Since making it, Cathy, over at Blueberry Patch, posted some great hints and tips for making zipper pouches - including how to put those little ends on the zippers. Now, I'm itching to make another one!
I also pulled out a little kit I bought last year, at Village Quilts in Lethbridge. (Just looked for a link to their website - they don't have one! Strange! But it is a great bricks and mortar shop, nonetheless.) It is a Thimbleberries pattern, but the gals at Village Quilts kitted it up with some fresher fabrics.
I've got the top done.
That's it for me, for now! I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network for WIP Wednesday.