Search This Blog

Monday, October 07, 2013

As The Sun Slowly Sinks in the West

I frantically worked to finish and photograph this quilt:


Yes, this is my one and only finish for this quarter's Finish-A-Long.  And, it's finished just under the wire!  Good thing I live in the same time zone as Leanne.  I rushed home from work tonight, to finish sewing on the binding before the sun set.

So, this is a baby quilt for Jack, my nephew's son.  He was born last November, so I'm a tad late.  But, I'm sure he won't mind.  It's an I spy quilt, made with charm squares I collected in a swap several years ago. One of them is a saw and hammer - his daddy is a carpenter.  The sashing is actually a sage green - the colour didn't come out all that well, probably because it was twilight!

I'm linking up with the 2013 Finish-A-Long and A Stitch in Time Linky Party.




October Finishes

15 comments:

Holly said...

I'm sure Jack will love finding all the special fabrics on his quilt! He's more able to appreciate it at this age, it wouldn't have been developmentally appropriate to give a newborn this quilt. ;)

Julierose said...

Wonderful "I Spy"--I like the larger patches of each fabric--he will love it I'm sure...hugs, Julierose

Michelle said...

I like that on-point setting -- makes it look a lot fancier!

Leanne said...

Good for you and I am glad you had time to get it done in time.

barbara woods said...

i like that baby quilt, we have one PG but don't know yet what it will be

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

I am sure your quilt will be treasured and enjoyed! What child wouldn't with all the wonderful I spy blocks on point! Congrats on the finish!

Lynette said...

I love the quilting on this. That motif *really* works for it, doesn't it?!

Lynette said...

I love the quilting on this. That motif *really* works for it, doesn't it?!

Lynette said...

I love the quilting on this. That motif *really* works for it, doesn't it?!

Lynette said...

I love the quilting on this. That motif *really* works for it, doesn't it?!

hueisei said...

Love the baby quilt. Very pretty.

Linda at LRDesignsQuilting said...

The diagonal setting is great! I love it!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Really nice... I like the on point setting a lot!

Elizabeth said...

Such a fun quilt! I know it will be loved! Congrats on a great finish and thank you for linking up!

xo -E

MarneyMay said...

Great finish you must be proud of your quilt

Cheers Pauline