Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Springtime in Alberta



When it's springtime in Alberta,
And the gentle breezes blow
About seventy miles an hour
And it's fifty-two below.
You can tell you're in Alberta
'cause the snow's up to your butt
And you take a breath of springtime air
And your nose holes both freeze shut.
The weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Alberta
My feet are frozen to the ground!



Yes, this is the lovely weather I am looking at outside my windows today. Yikes!  In Calgary, we don't say "April showers bring May flowers".  It is April snow, and sometimes May snow, then June showers and the flowers don't really arrive until July.  Then, we have a good frost at the end of August, and gardening season is over.  Do you wonder why I quilt rather than garden?

I haven't decided what I'll work on, but I'm wandering down to my sewing room right now, and I should be able to keep myself entertained (and warm) for the afternoon.

Linking up with Sew Sunday with Fairly Merry.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


3 comments:

Mary Menzer said...

Now, that was funny!

Deborah said...

Loved your Alberta poem! Hope we don't get snow in July too!

Astrid said...

BRRR! We are in for cooler days - at last - fortunate it never snows here! Love your poem! :) I'm sure you will find something to work on and stay warm and comfy inside.