Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Heritage Park Here I Come!

Every year at the end of May, Calgary's Heritage Park hosts the Festival of Quilts.

Heritage Park is a historical village, set in what is one of the most beautiful locations in the city.



This photo is from a few years ago, and shows the Wainwright Hotel, with all the quilts.  They are also displayed in the houses, draped over fences, hung on clotheslines and hung under tents.  On a nice May day, it is a spectacular show!



I haven't ever entered a quilt.  It isn't a judged show, but all the same, I didn't think my quilts were good enough.  But this year, I picked up an entry form, and noticed that this year, they have a special call for appliqué quilts.  And this year, I have this one:


This is Stars Around the Garden.  I've shown you this before.  It was a Saturday Sampler, that was started a few years ago, and finished up last fall.   It was quilted by the wonderfully talented Chelsea at Pins and Bobbins.


So, I've sent in my entry, and will deliver my quilt on May 21, and be looking for it at the Festival, May 25 and 26.

Linking up with The Needle and Thread Network


5 comments:

Kitchener Quilter said...

Way to go on entering your beautiful quilt. You will love seeing it there with all the others. Wish I could be there to see the show. Maybe you'll post some photos.

Heather said...

I wasn't aware of this show as my sister, who lives in Calgary, hadn't mentioned it. Will send her a link to this post incase she doesn't know about it. Thanks and good luck,

Mary-Frances said...

That's a wonderful quilt to have in the show Colleen, congratulations. I've entered my quilts before and it's quite a thrill to see it on display in such a beautiful setting. Take lots of photos!

Margaret said...

Good for you--your quilt looks like it should be in a quilt show. It's lovely!

Tina Marie said...

What a beautiful quilt. I will have to keep a look out for it when we go. We love Heritage Park and the festival of quilts is one of my favourite weekends at the park.