Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2013

More March-A-Long



One more report for Darla's March A Long, over at Scientific Quilter.  Her challenge is to do something quilty for at least 15 minutes a day throughout the month of March.  Here's what I worked on this week.

Sunday:
I started quilting Sand and Sea Glass.

Monday:
Still quilting (I'm really slow).

Tuesday:
I pulled out this quilt.

I started this, ohhh, about 6 or 7 years ago.  The pattern is called Aqua Stars.  I had it on my Finish-A-Long list for most of last year, and didn't do any more than take this photo.  But, it is time to get this DONE!  It has a piano key border, and I started sewing that together.

Wednesday:
Sewed more piano keys.

Thursday:
Switched it up today - back to quilting Sand and Sea Glass.

Friday
I finished the Aqua Stars top!  Yay!  The border was a bit of a challenge.  I had to fudge a bit to make sure the piano keys fit evenly.  But, it worked out.  No waving borders!


Saturday:
I thought I'd check out Craftsy today, and lo and behold - they had the April BOM block up already.  So, I had no choice but to work on that block.  This one was more challenging, with templates and curved piecing.    I have done both before, so it didn't scare me.  And Laura had some very good tips.  Here is the block:


I'm linking up with Scientific Quilter for the March A Long.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Tour Aqua Stars quilt is lovely...Julierose

MarneyMay said...

Your quilt is amazing and the boarder looks gret

Cheers pauline