Search This Blog

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Happy Canada Day!


It's Canada Day!  For me, it means the official start of summer.  We really don't have good weather until July, so now we can get started!

Today is the annual Veranda Quilt Show in Cochrane at Addie's Creative Fabrics.  I plan on taking that in.  And, of course, a trip to Cochrane would not be complete without an ice cream cone at MacKay's.  They have been selling the best ice cream there for the past 60 years.  It is a tradition for many Calgary families to take a trip to Cochrane just for the ice cream.  On a nice weekend day, the lineup will be out the door and down the street!


They have a map of the world inside, where you can put a pin from where you are from.   There are a lot of pins!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm all in for the icecream. I don't recall my sister mentioning that she has been there, she has lived in Calgary for about 6 years. Will have to suggest it to her. Thanks for the idea.