Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Oh, It's Springtime in Alberta and the Gentle Breezes Blow...

There is an entire poem about this, but that's all I can remember - except for the last line, which is, "I'll never leave Alberta - my feet are frozen to the ground".  This is what we're seeing tonight.


Actually, in the 5 minutes since I have taken this picture, the snow has started falling even heavier! They were predicting 10 cm (4 inches) overnight, but I think we've already got half that, and it's only 7:30!  It should be a fun drive to work tomorrow.

On a lighter note, I made a very enjoyable purchase from a new-to-me online shop called Dragonfly Fabric.  I liked the look of Jennifer's shop, and she carries Kona Solids, which I haven't seen anywhere in Calgary.  I thought I'd try her out with some Kona coal and Kona snow for one of the baby quilts I'm working on.  Here is what arrived.


She included an extra fat quarter of Wooden Horses by Michael Miller.  What a treat!

Jennifer's prices are very good, her shipping is reasonable, and the package arrived only 3 days after I had ordered (and I ordered on Saturday).  Great service!  Thank you Jennifer.

No comments: