Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Bit of a Rant

You know what bugs me?  Take a look at this subscription offer:


Notice how it says "guaranteed lowest rate"?  When you click on over to the subscription page (well, you can't click it, but I did), it has the same old subscription rate that everyone else pays.  It's the same rate as on the cards in the magazine.  It's not just Quilters Newsletter / Quiltmaker that does that.  Other major quilty magazines do the same thing.  When Quilters Home started up, they offered "special charter" subscriptions - that were the same price as the regular subscription.  Do they think we are stupid?  We're going to rush right out and subscribe because we can't figure out it's not really a special rate?  I haven't subscribed to Quiltmaker, even though I like the magazine, just because I'm annoyed at their effort to dupe me.

OK, end of rant.

1 comment:

Heather said...

GUESS WHAT!!?? You don't have to worry about reading a magazine subscription... You can read Sonoma Rose!! You won my giveaway! Please contact me with your information!
Heather